Managers across all industries are leveraging digital advances such as analytics, mobility solutions, social media and smart embedded devices, and improving the use of traditional technologies such as ERP to transform customer relationships, internal processes and value propositions. But even the best ideas promise little success unless they are lived. That's why cross-divisional and company-wide acceptance of digitization is the key to a successful digital enterprise.
- Digitisation of content: Digitize invoices and archives by image recognition and transfer them to ERP systems using forms
- Digitalization of processes and procedures: Mapping of existing processes with the help of digital means
- Automation: Instead of mapping processes digitally, there is also the possibility of automation. This can be done, for example, in production, administration or shipping
- Digital Business: digital possibilities and digital technologies enable new or adapted business areas, business models or companies
Is my company doing enough to keep its finger on the pulse and achieve sustainable success? Think about the following approaches:
- Automate complex processes: Many processes can be better handled by machines; and without interfaces that require user interaction, this is usually faster.
- Implement SAP: In the age of Big Data, a single source of truth is a prerequisite for business success. In addition, an ERP system such as SAP offers the possibility of working together across divisions.
- Upgrade SAP: Outside the standard, there are numerous ways to increase the performance of your SAP system and adapt it even better to your processes and requirements. These include add-ons that reduce system breaks, automate processes, or make the system even smarter.
In order to tackle the digital transformation, you as a company must develop a digital strategy. Once a basic understanding of the digital technologies relevant to the industry and their value to your business has been established, core technologies must be selected. These core technologies will help you strengthen your core competencies and enable further competitive advantages. Whether they actively target new demand, products or business models or focus on defensive measures is different for each company.